Danielle Bodicoat - Researcher in Medical Statistics
Dr Danielle Bodicoat
Researcher in Medical Statistics
- Analysis of clinical trials and epidemiological studies
- Analysis of large datasets
- Public health epidemiology
- Measurement of physical activity and sedentary behaviour
Current research projects:
- Evaluation of the NHS Health Check in Leicester City
- Association between health and built environment
- Patterns of sedentary behaviour in older adults
- Processing of ActivPal data
- Effectiveness of a quality improvement programme including education for health care professionals
- Understanding the context in which adverse behaviours are accrued
Current Teaching Activities:
- Supervisor of a PhD student
- Dissertation supervisor: MSc Diabetes and MSc Medical Statistics
- Teach on quantitative module for MRes
- Provide statistical support sessions for MSc Diabetes
University of Leicester
Leicester Diabetes Centre, Broadleaf
Leicester General Hospital
Leicester LE5 4PW
T: 0116 258 8595
Peer reviewed publications
(Note some published under maiden name of Morris)
- J. Krause, S. Agarwal, D.Bodicoat, A. Ring, D. Shepherd, S. Rogers, M. Wensing, R. Baker. Evaluation of a tailored intervention to improve management of overweight and obesity in primary care; study protocol of a cluster randomised controlled trial. Submitted to Trials (Impact factor: 2.21).
- S. Parekh, D.H. Bodicoat, E. Brady, D. Webb, H. Mani, S. Mostafa, M.J. Levy, K. Khunti, M.J. Davies. Reactive hypoglycaemia during an oral glucose tolerance test in relation to insulin resistance and other characteristics: Cross-sectional analyses from a UK multi-ethnic population. Diabetic Research and Clinical Practice 2014; In Press (Impact factor: 2.74).
- D.H. Bodicoat, M.J.Schoemaker, M.E. Jones, E. McFadden, J. Griffin, A. Ashworth, A.J. Swerdlow. Timing of pubertal stages and breast cancer risk: the Breakthrough Generations Cohort Study. Breast Cancer Research 2014; 16(1): R18 (Epub ahead of print) (Impact factor: 5.87).
- D.H. Bodicoat, L.J. Gray, J. Henson, D. Webb, A. Guru, A. Misra, R. Gupta, N. Vikram, N. Sattar, M.J. Davies, K. Khunti. Body Mass Index and Waist Circumference Cut-Points in Multi-Ethnic Populations from the UK and India: The ADDITION-Leicester, Jaipur Heart Watch and New Delhi Cross-Sectional Studies. PLoS One 2014; 9(3): e90813 (Impact factor: 3.73)
- A.J. Dunkley, D. Bodicoat, C. Greaves, C. Russell, M.J. Davies, K. Khunti. Diabetes prevention in the real world: Systematic review of the effectiveness of pragmatic lifestyle interventions for the prevention of type 2 diabetes and of the impact of guideline recommendations on effectiveness. Diabetes Care 2014; 37(4): 922-33 (Impact factor: 8.1).
- T. Yates, M.J. Davies, C. Edwardson, D.H. Bodicoat, S. Biddle, K. Khunti. Adverse metabolic responses in those undertaking a successful physical activity intervention: analysis of the PREPARE randomised controlled trial. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 2014; In Press (Impact factor: 3.71).
- E.G. Wilmot, M. Leggate, J.N. Khan, T. Yates, T. Gorely, D.H. Bodicoat, K. Khunti, J.P.A. Kuijer, L.J. Gray, A. Singh, M.A. Nimmo, P. Clarysse, P. Croisille, G.P. McCann, M.J. Davies. Type 2 diabetes and obesity in young adults: the extreme phenotype with early cardiovascular dysfunction. Diabetic Medicine 2014; Epub ahead of print (Impact factor: 3.24).
- P. Carter, L.J. Gray, D.H. Morris, K. Khunti, M.J. Davies. South Asian individuals at high risk of type 2 diabetes have lower plasma vitamin C levels than White Europeans. Journal of Nutritional Science 2013; 2: e21.
- D.H. Morris, D. Webb, F. Achana, B. Srinivasan, L.J. Gray, M.J. Davies, K. Khunti. Progression rates from HbA1c 6.0-6.4% and other prediabetes definitions to type 2 diabetes: A meta-analysis. Diabetologia 2013; 56(7): 1489-93 (Impact factor: 6.49).
- A.Murray, M.J. Schoemaker, C.E. Bennett, S. Ennis, J.N. Macpherson, M. Jones, D.H. Morris, N. Orr, A. Ashworth, P.A. Jacobs, A.J. Swerdlow. Population-based estimates of the prevalence of FMR1 expansion mutations in women with early menopause and primary ovarian insufficiency. Genetics in Medicine 2014; 16(1): 19-24 (Impact factor: 5.56).
- M.A. Thomasouli, E.M. Brady, M.J. Davies, A.P. Hall, K. Khunti, D.H. Morris, L.J. Gray. The impact of diet and lifestyle management strategies for obstructive sleep apnoea in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Sleep and Breathing 2013; 17(3): 925-935 (Impact factor: 2.26).
- T. Yates, J. Henson, K. Khunti, D.H. Morris, C. Edwardson, E. Brady, M.J. Davies. Effect of physical activity measurement type on the association between walking activity and glucose regulation in a high risk population recruited from primary care. International Journal of Epidemiology 2013; 42(2): 533-540 (Impact factor: 6.98).
- K. Khunti, D.H. Morris, C.L. Weston, L.J. Gray, D.R. Webb, M.J. Davies. The joint prevalence of diabetes, impaired glucose regulation, high cardiovascular disease risk and chronic kidney disease in South Asians and White Europeans in the UK: a cross sectional study. PLOS One 2013; 8(1): e55580 (Impact factor: 3.73).
- E. Brady, D.R. Webb, D. Morris, K. Khunti, D.S.C. Talbot, N. Sattar, M.J.Davies. Investigating endothelial dysfunction and oxidative stress in relation to gylcaemic control in a multi-ethnic population. Experimental Diabetes Research 2012; 12:386041 (Impact factor: 1.89).
- C. McDonough, A.J. Dunkley, N. Aujla, D. Morris, M.J. Davies, K. Khunti. The association between body mass index and health related quality of life: Influence of ethnicity on this relationship. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism 2013; 15(4):342-348 (Impact factor: 5.18).
- P. Carter, L.J. Gray, D. Talbot, D.H. Morris, K. Khunti, M.J. Davies. Fruit and vegetable intake and the association with glucose parameters: a cross-sectional analysis of the Let’s Prevent Diabetes Study. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2013; 67: 12-17 (Impact factor: 2.76).
- S. Mostafa, M.J. Davies, D.H. Morris, T. Yates, B.T. Srinivasan, D. Webb, E. Brady, K. Khunti. The association of the triglyceride-to-HDL cholesterol ratio with insulin resistance in White European and South Asian men and women. PLOS One 2012; 7(12): e50931 (Impact factor: 3.73)
- H. Mani, M.J. Levy, M.J. Davies, D.H. Morris, L.J. Gray, M.J. Bankart, H. Blackledge, K. Khunti, T.A. Howlett. Diabetes and cardiovascular events in women with polycystic ovary syndrome; a 20 years retrospective cohort study. Clinical Endocrinology 2012; 78(6): 926-934 (Impact factor: 3.40).
- L.J. Gray, K. Khunti, C. Edwardson, S. Goldby, J. Henson, D.H. Morris, D. Sheppard, D. Webb, S. Williams, T. Yates, M.J. Davies. Implementation of the automated Leicester Practice Risk Score in two diabetes prevention trials provides a high yield of people with abnormal glucose tolerance. Diabetologia 2012; 55(12): 3238-3244 (Impact factor: 6.49).
- D.H. Morris, M.E. Jones, M.J. Schoemaker, E. McFadden, A. Ashworth, A.J. Swerdlow. Body mass index, exercise, and other lifestyle factors in relation to age at natural menopause: analyses from the Breakthrough Generations Study. American Journal of Epidemiology 2012; 175(10): 998-1005 (Impact factor: 4.78).
- D.H. Morris, M.E. Jones, M.J. Schoemaker, A. Ashworth, A.J. Swerdlow. Familial concordance for height and its components: analyses from the Breakthrough Generations Study. American Journal of Human Biology 2012; 24(1): 22-27 (Impact factor: 2.34).
- D.H. Morris, M.E. Jones, M.J. Schoemaker, A. Ashworth, A.J. Swerdlow. Secular trends in age at menarche in women in the UK born 1908-93: results from the Breakthrough Generations Study. Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology 2011; 25(4): 394-400 (Impact factor: 2.16).
- D.H. Morris, M.E. Jones, M.J. Schoemaker, A. Ashworth, A.J. Swerdlow. Familial concordance for age at natural menopause: results from the Breakthrough Generations Study. Menopause 2011; 18(9): 956-961 (Impact factor: 3.16).
- D.H. Morris, M.E. Jones, M.J. Schoemaker, A. Ashworth, A.J. Swerdlow. Familial concordance for age at menarche: analyses from the Breakthrough Generations Study. Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology 2011; 25(3): 306-311 (Impact factor: 2.16).
- A. Murray, C.E. Bennett, J.R.B. Perry, M.N. Weedon, ReproGen Consortium, P.A. Jacobs, D.H. Morris, N. Orr, M.J. Schoemaker, M. Jones, A. Ashworth, A.J. Swerdlow. Common genetic variants are significant risk factors for early menopause: results from the Breakthrough Generations Study. Human Molecular Genetics 2011;20(1): 186-192 (Impact factor: 7.69).
- D.H. Morris, M.E. Jones, M.J. Schoemaker, A. Ashworth, A.J. Swerdlow. Determinants of age at menarche in the United Kingdom: analyses from the BreakthroughGenerations Study. British Journal of Cancer 2010; 103(11): 1760-1764 (Impact factor: 5.08).
- N.J. Cooper, A.J. Sutton, D. Morris, A.E. Ades, N.J. Welton. Addressing between-study heterogeneity and inconsistency in mixed treatment comparisons: Application to stroke prevention treatments in individuals with non-rheumatic atrial fibrillation. Statistics in Medicine 2009; 28(14): 1861-1881 (Impact factor: 2.04).
Current Grants Held
- Co-applicant. The use of a novel data capture tool to gain a detailed understanding of sedentary behaviour in young adults with type 2 diabetes. Wellcome Trust Institutional Strategic Support Fund.
- Co-applicant. Evaluating the NHS Health Check Programme in Leicester City. Leicester City Clinical Commissioning Group
- Co-applicant. Sedentary behaviour in older adults: investigating a new therapeutic paradigm. Medical Research Council (MRC).
This is the powerhouse of the Biomedical Research Unit, they are involved in study and protocol design, ethics, governance and study delivery, they work very closely with the management / administration, clinical and ... Read more
This is our dedicated team of staff who will be welcoming you and supporting you through your study visits. It is also quite likely that they will be talking you through some ... Read more
This is a small friendly team whose work supports the wider activities of the unit. We are involved in finance, recruitment, patient and public involvement and communications. We also co-ordinate the ... Read more
Are a creative and enthusiastic bunch and are supported in writing, developing and delivering on individual projects within the BRU. They are all very well versed in their respective subject areas, ... Read more
This is our team of skilled staff who ensure the smooth running of both our exercise laboratory and our biomarker analysis and discovery laboratory. If you want to know ‘what’s the best way ... Read more